Wage and Hour – Workers’ Faq’s
- English FAQ (PDF)
- Filipino FAQ – Madalas na katanungan (PDF)
- Korean FAQ – л…ёлЏ™мІ кіј мќёл Ґк°њл°њл¶Ђ мќёкё€кіј м‹њк°„ кґЂл¦¬м†Њ (PDF)
- Samoan FAQ – O Aia Tatau mo se Tagata Galue (PDF)
- Spanish FAQ – Preguntas Frecuentes de los Empleados (PDF)
- Yup’ik FAQ – Calistet ApyutkuratukвЂ™ait (PDF)
1) what exactly is the minimal wage in Alaska? Effective Jan. 1, 2020, AlaskaвЂ™s minimum wage is $10.19 each hour. This is certainly determined by multiplying all hours worked within the pay duration by $10.19. This quantity could be the minimum quantity that may be compensated to a member of staff as wages.
2) Does my company need to pay me more for overtime work? Yes, but you can find an exceptions that are few. In the event that you work significantly more than 8 hours in one single time and/or a lot more than 40 hours in one week, you truly must be compensated time-and-one-half (1.5 times) your hourly or regular wage for anyone additional hours which you worked. Contact the Wage and Hour management office ((907) 269-4900) for those who have concerns.
3) If i will be maybe not compensated on an hourly basis, do we nevertheless have to get minimum wage and overtime?
Yes. It doesn’t matter how you may be compensated, perhaps the tasks are calculated per hour, piece-rate, payment or else, all workers have entitlement to Alaska minimal wage and overtime unless there clearly was a certain exemption which allows otherwise. Read more